Friday, July 10, 2009

The Baby Jesus wont shut up....

As time goes on I am beginning to lose that whole "lost in the subway" feeling. I guess I am starting to not feel so overwhelmed by this whole thing. However, a whole new set of challenges have presented themselves to me. First of all my new imaginary BFF Jesus can be quite persistent and well, bossy. I always refer to Jesus as "the baby Jesus" when talking about him. I mean, how threatening is a baby, right? everyone loves babies. They are cute and smell good and are lovable.

So I am in the grocery store. I see this old man, all wobbly and crazy google eyed holding a box of Chex mix. He is literally standing in the middle of the isle yelling "wow! my vision isnt as good as it used to be, I really wish someone would help me read this, gee I wonder what they put in this my eyes are so bad" and he was loud. Really loud.

Then the baby Jesus spoke up and said "Andee, you need to go help that guy" and I said *sigh* "Baby Jesus, I am busy I have so much to do, ugh" and he basically said, "Im not taking no for an answer" and he tapped his baby foot very annoyingly until I relented and said "fine baby Jesus, ok"

So I went to help the guy...I asked him if I oould help him decifer the ingredients on the chex mix box...there were pretzels (which apparantly made him thirsty) and rice crispy square things (that apparantly hurt his arthritis)...go figure...

as soon as I was done I pretty much made a run for it before baby jesus could ask me to do anything else...

This whole doing what Im told thing is new to me..but wow, Jesus can be super persistent when He wants to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment