Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Questions to ask your sponsored child

**Respectfully snipped from world vision Facebook group message boards**

Also, just a side note on the letters... we've found that the quality of replies varies depending on the project; in some places, they really help the kids write informative replies, while in one place (it was in India) the letters we got back were very form-like, and never written by the child herself. This is rare, though. I always share some information about us and the country, and then ASK specific questions for the kids to answer. I remember writing letters when I was 10, and hating it because I didn't know what to say. So I always give them questions to answer, and I get back great replies. For instance:

What are the names of some of your friends?
What games do you play with them?
What is your favorite color?
What is your favorite part of school?
What subjects do you study in school?
What special days do you celebrate this time of year? How do you celebrate?
Do you still enjoy (X, Y, or Z... whatever we've talked about in the past)?
What do you like to do when you have free time?

No comments:

Post a Comment