Saturday, July 11, 2009

Some thoughts on faith

While I was on vacation with my family, my sister, cousin and I had an interesting discussion about faith. I said that for several years I had no faith and pretty much had envied others that had it and prayed relentlessly for God to reveal himself to me (not burning bush reveal, but something simple and true).

My sister said that she thinks either you have faith or you don't, and by me merely asking God if He was real, proved I had faith at the time I thought I didn't.

Me, Im not so sure. I really think I didnt have faith at all, nor did I believe in God. But then again, if I didn't believe in God, why would I have wasted my energy and breath praying to Him? LOL



For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God Ephesians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment