Saturday, July 18, 2009

Well....

Well I had my first class today at church. It was interesting. Basically it was recommended for those people that would be getting into serving people. So I signed and up and realized that it was under the category "evangelism". That word has held such negative connotations for me in the past. Now after the class I am at least ambivalent to it. LOL

But a few cool things happened. My MIL and I got to practice our testimonies with each other. That was very beautiful. I wish it wasnt the three minute condensed version. After all my testimony will basically turn into a book eventually. For real LOL...

The other cool thing was I was sitting there thinking how uhm, much of a freak I am LOL and how I have a very very different approach to bringing God to people. I was sitting there wondering what God might think of that and me and my approach...

Then I glanced down at my open bible and here was the verse that jumped up and smacked me LOL

John 4:23-24 "It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."

No comments:

Post a Comment