Thursday, October 22, 2009

Insufferable - Dum spiro, spero - "While I breath, I hope"

Adj. 1. insufferable insufferable - used of persons or their behavior; "impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence"
unsufferable, impossible, unacceptable
intolerable, unbearable, unendurable - incapable of being put up with; "an intolerable degree of sentimentality"


Life is weirdly ironic. I find facebook social interactions a microcosm of human nature and interaction. Except people expose themselves more, whether they mean to or not, I think. I love to write, but in between art and writing, I borrow other people's fine words and post them on my facebook page. I like "quotes".

So I had posted this Dum spiro, spero - "While I breath, I hope". The funniest thing to me is, that a guy I barely knew from high school actually called me insufferable and dropped me from his friends list. Which I find really bizarre. THAT is the quote that bothers you? Really? That one? Out of all the quotes, that is the one that strikes a chord with you. To me, and let me take some creative liberties here, but that implies that you have no hope. Are you so disconnected from yourself and your thoughts that you actually would say that "hope" is "insufferable". Hope.

The thing that's left when everything else is gone. Hope. The last thing left in Pandora's box when she unleashed evil upon the world. That is the insufferable and offensive, dare I say, word.

How perplexing people are. Of course, me wanting to psychoanalyze everything to death, would love to pick his brain. If you find hope insufferable...you need some serious introspection at the very least. Or perhaps you live a perfect life and have no need of hope.

“Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.” George Ile

So if you have no hope, perhaps you have no faith.

“In all things it is better to hope than to despair” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If there is no hope in Pandora's box when its all said and done, I suppose dispair is left. That makes me really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment