Friday, August 5, 2011

I think I think too much. Love some of the books I am reading...The Undiscovered Self by Jung....great book for those people who feel like they are square pegs forever trying to fit into the proverbial 'round hole'. The artist who has lost her way and cant remember who she is anymore...yep...great book...not quiet done yet.

The Fire and Ice series...great series, I am on book 2. Yeah, yeah...it is set in a medieval setting, there are kings, blah blah blah...I like that stuff..some people think it is cookie cutter, I think it feels like home. There are a lot of twists and intrinsic relationships and interesting characters for those of you that find medeival mundane....I love it so far. Havent been this excited about a series since Tolkien.

The Singularity is Near - When Humans transcend biology...I am not that far into this one yet but its promising.

On another note, I am going to have a 17 year old child in the next few weeks. Wow....I feel OLD, on one hand and on the other hand, wow what a wonderful journey motherhood has been. I wouldnt trade it for the world. I would rather be "old" and have experienced the most wonderful thing on earth, than still be "old" and never know what it is like to be a mother. I would love to have more kids, but especially now, that will never happen. The doctors have all advised that I SHOULD NEVER get pregnant. I would still love to adopt one day, in the future. I still see myself with a little girl from China. That would be so amazing. Meanwhile, I appreciate the NOW and embrace my beautiful almost grown daughter. We are on the evening side of the mountain of this childhood thing...this thing that is so precious and fleeting. I still see glimpses here and there out of the corner of my eye....

No comments:

Post a Comment