Sunday, August 14, 2011

If you are not being treated with love and respect, check your price tag.
Perhaps you have marked yourself down. It's YOU who tells people what
you are worth by what you accept. Get off of the clearance rack and get
behind the glass where they keep the valuables! Bottom line: value
yourself more! If you don't, no one else will!

I liked this. One of my friends posted it on facebook. I think it is too true. Today in the movies I was listening to the lady tell her friend how much she hated herself. I was moved to tears, there sitting a few rows ahead of her. I wonder, how many people so this? Everyone? We underestimate our self worth at every stop and every turn. It is heartbreaking. I do it. You probably do it. and what is the payoff? I wanted to tell that lady you are special, there is noone like YOU and you can make a difference, just little ole you. I tell myself that and even though some days I am hard pressed to believe it, I tell myself that anyway.

I truly believe in the power of the "small good"...the pay it forward type moments. And also those moments where we accept people with all their faults, and realize that maybe the world isnt about "us". Maybe the world is about helping others realize their self worth and by doing that, we realize our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment