Monday, August 29, 2011

Nanowrimo....coming soon!

After two failed attempts in the last 3-4 years or so, I am going to do it this year. I have no reason not to. I really want to add this to my bucket list. I am toying around with two ideas...I just wish I was in a better place mentally (meaning, a better place condusive to novel writing) right now.

One concept is about an average 'housewife" surving an apocalyptic event. Very Piers Anthony style meaning, fiction/sci-fi combo.....but I just don't think I can carry that the full distance, but the idea intrigues me, nonetheless.

The other one I won't post about just yet because it is still forming in my mind. It is a take on a story I wrote several years ago, conceptually it would be the same, but the story would be written from a very different place, because i am at a very different place in life than I was a few years ago.

I wish I had a little more support in the nanowrimo area. I wish my daughter would participate this year, but she is soooooooo busy with school I can't see that happening. I have a few friends that are doing it, but none that live nearby. Would love to plan a few write-ins though...that would be cool.

So I am starting to get excited, went and checked out thier site again, I had to create an entirely new profile (musetriste) if anyone wants to friend me on there.

Meanwhile, think I will toy around with some more ideas in my head for the time being.




No comments:

Post a Comment