Friday, October 14, 2011

Between your mother and your father, who are you more alike?

Writing prompt from a few days ago, I don't like today's...

I don't know. Equally both in different ways, I suppose. I used to think I am nothing like my mother, but the older I get, I think I am a lot like her. I have my dad's sense of humor. I also have his anxiety issues. I like plans, planning and when things don't go according to "the plan" it really throws me out of my element...like my dad.
I love history, like my dad. I love to write, like my dad...and I think he is a little creative in a lot of ways. Love to play games, like my dad...and can remember playing MANY games as a kid with him.

However, I am a lot like my mom. I am probably more creative than she is, but she is creative. We both like to sew, and we both hate conflict. However, we will both stand up for injustice, in a lot of cases. I think my mother might have social anxiety, although I have never 'asked' her. I just remember that dad liked to go out and mom didn't (much). I love animals like my mom does...she might love them a bit more than I do...hence her 24 cat collection.

Even though your parents influence who you are, you aren't your parents. You aren't anyone but yourself.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete